Monday, September 13, 2010

Keep Trying

During my class someone told me that I do this food storage thing well. I can't remember the exact words. It doesn't really matter. I often get uncomfortable about this kind of thing because sometimes teaching a class on something is so much easier than living it. And having a "testimony" of an idea doesn't mean you always live according to it.

I have some friends who think I must pray all the time, because when they want answers to questions I will tell them that it is important to get their own answers to prayers. I tell them this, because I have found it to be true. There are no better answers than the ones I get from God. I find that when I make prayer a real part of my life that the days and moments are so much better.

Like most everyone else though, I go through periods of being prayerful which alternate with periods of my prayers not even reaching the ceiling because I just haven't put enough thought and heart into them. I'm grateful that Heavenly Father continually puts forth his hand to welcome me back each time I'm in one of those slumps.

It's the same thing with food storage. There are times I use my food storage a lot. Procrastinator that I am, those classes I teach really get me going! Other times I am concerned with being healthy and using my food storage in my daily meals. And then, like with prayer, I get into slumps when we eat pretty unhealthily.

Life is line upon line. We work little by little on praying, food storage, spending money wisely, exercising, reading scriptures, being Christlike. None of us are perfect and few of us are experts, but if we do our best, Christ takes care of the rest.

Doctrine & Covenants 12:3 Behold, the field is white already to harvest; therefore, whoso desireth to reap let him thrust in his sickle with his might, and reap while the day lasts, that he may treasure up for his soul everlasting salvation in the kingdom of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment