Sunday, May 8, 2011

Gluten-free Food Storage

My grandma had Celiac disease.  My mom tells me about growing up and watching grandma pop popcorn, putting it into a  bowl and pouring milk over the top just like someone would with cold cereal. She was also a type 1 diabetic so I know that things could not be easy for her diet-wise.

In recent years it has excited me to see all the gluten-free products available.  My family doesn't need them, but I think of how much easier it would have been for my grandma and am grateful those things are available to others.

I've talked with people who do food storage different because they cannot have gluten.  Everybody thinks of having a lot of wheat, but that doesn't work for the gluten-free. Reading LDS magazine I was excited to see an article on Gluten-free Storage.  I hope that it helps some of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment