Friday, May 20, 2011

Peanut Butter Frosting

You may have seen the recipe for Peanut Butter Bars that I posted some time ago. Last night I decided to make them for the stake Relief Society event, but this time I wanted peanut butter frosting. I placed the bars that I could on the plate and then left the rest for the kids to eat along with the warning that they needed to save at least one for dad. I don't think I was out the door before all, but the one were gone! So I'm going to repost the recipe for the bars along with the posting the recipe for the frosting.

Peanut Butter Bars
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar (or 1 cup white sugar + 1 T molasses)
2 eggs (2 T egg powder + 4 T water)
1 c peanut butter
2/3 t soda
2/3 t salt
2 t vanilla
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups oats

Cream butter, sugar, brown sugar and eggs. (No need to blend together egg powder and water. Just add both to the mixing bowl). Add peanut butter, soda, salt, and vanilla. Blend in flour and oats. This will be thick. Press in a jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

Adapted from Peanut Butter Fingers in the "Heartland Favorites" cookbook.

Peanut Butter Frosting

2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk (2 t milk powder + 1/4 cup water)
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth and creamy. Remember that you don't have to mix up the milk first. Just mix the milk powder into the powdered sugar and then add the water with the rest.

Recipe adapted from cdkitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment